RIP Dear Laptop


The moment you choose a girl to marry, a more beautiful prospect comes your way; the moment you buy a gadget, a better one at a lower price gets launched! Its sad but absolutely true! I don't want to sound like an MCP (and neither I am) but we guys have been joking about this forever. We save so much to buy a gadget of our dreams but when we want to resale it, it hardly fetches us anything. Thinking of this, I just remembered a sad saga.
I had been saving for quite a long time to buy a laptop. I was in my medical college; so cash was scarce. I planned to buy a Windows Vista laptop (Vista was hot at that time). Also laptops were pretty expensive. I mean the basic 15 inch ones used to cost nothing less than forty thousand. I had laid my eyes on one which was of fifty four thousand. So finally when the day came, I took out all my savings and proudly brought home my trendy laptop with all my pride. It was my baby.
It served me well. I never had any qualms about it. Few months later, I met a girl whom I liked. She saw my laptop on our second date and started nagging about it. She called it 'black' and 'heavy'. It never occurred to me that I should get a lappy in any colour other than black. Also it was heavy, no doubt. It was not easy to cart around.
A year later, I got married to her. Her nagging about my 'everything' became legal and regular. One fine day, my laptop did not switch on. Its display was not working. I took it the service centre and had to pay for its repair as it was out of warranty. Then again it started working fine. I thought that deep inside my wife's mind she was dissatisfied that the laptop got repaired. I think she was silently praying that it would retire and she would get a new one. I got a new skin for its black old cover to beautify it and make my wife happy. But again after a few months, there was some problem with the hinges and had to get it replaced.
After few months, there was again some problem with its software. I took it to the service centre and then got Windows 7 professional installed. Again a bill. Like this, I kept on spending money to make it better. Windows 7 gave a free update to it 8 version and then I did that too. Now my laptop became a nightmare. It was constantly hanging and working on it became a Herculean task.
After a few months, Windows came out with its 10 version and it gave a free update. The day when I decided to upgrade it, was my worst decision. In fact I should have never gotten rid of Vista. Anyways, my scroll on the touch pad stopped working and the laptop became literally an idiot box. Finally I decided to get rid of it.
One of the buyers offered a mere 5k for it. Slowly I realized that I won't be able to make much for this oldie. So I decided to keep it myself and use till it died. However fate had something else planned. One fine day, it refused to turn on. When I took it to the service centre, they said that RAM had gone caput. Now there were 2 RAMs in my lappy. That servicing guy offered to replace one of them for free as he had a spare one (from some sad old lappy like mine). I needed to replace the second one. But replacing RAM would cost me and who knows few days later it would weigh me down by another few thousands! I decided it was enough! I just threw it in their trash bin!
Only if I had known about Cashify.in before, I would have been able to sell it at a much lucrative price! God save souls like me! Just #CleanUpCashOut

Here is a good news for my readers. Apply code CLEANCASH to get an additional 250INR off on the sale of your old gadgets. Get rid of your oldies before they get rid of you!





Comments

  1. I really like it when individuals come together and share thoughts. Great blog, continue the good work!
    Buy Instagram Views

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I found this during my search for something regarding this.
    Best Monitor Guide
    Best Monitor Guide
    Best Monitor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Effect of COVID 19 on edible oil industry and Palm oil

SCHIPHOL AIRPORT TO AMSTERDAM CITY

A day in my life in Bewakoof.com Joggers and T-shirt