Trek to Dainkund Peak


I have been an active, sporty and an adventurous guy throughout my life. Although I did not have time in my initial twenties to explore the world as much as I would have liked. Too much pressure of medical studies. However, I left no stone unturned once I passed out of my medical college. I started exploring like crazy whenever I could and my life partner is my best travel companion. 
I have always loved trekking and its my dream to trek to the Mount Everest. However I think this dream of mine has to wait. I , however have had my share of trekking experiences. The most recent has been trek to the Dainkund Peak, Dalhousie. Its important to learn the do’s and don’ts of trekking beforehand so that you are fully prepared.
Dainkund Peak is the highest peak in the Dalhousie region. I visited in January end. That time it was supposed to be covered with snow all over. But the phenomena of gobal warming seems to have capsized the world. It was not as cold as it was supposed to be and snow was in patches.
We started climbing from the snow point. Our car dropped us there and waited. I was equipped with water and light snacks. It was cold nonetheless but I did not opt for head gear or gloves. I think you know by now that cold does not bother me. It was not a tough trek as per trekkers’ standards. 
 
Although for us, it was. Initially it was fun. But as we climbed further, the route became tougher.
In all, it was just a 1.5 km climb. But at places, it was covered fully with snow and really slippery. There were milestones on the way and it encouraged us to climb faster. At one point, the road was really narrow and slippery. I had my 60 year old mother in law with me.  I decided not to go further. However my wife and MIL were adamant.
We met a couple on the way whom we had befriended in Dalhousie. They encouraged us to carry forward and coaxed me to continue. I had to bend to their wishes.
The view from the top was in indeed spectacular. The Temple of Pohlani Devi was nestled in the snow. There were snow capped peaks everywhere. I was really content to have made to that point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effect of COVID 19 on edible oil industry and Palm oil

SCHIPHOL AIRPORT TO AMSTERDAM CITY

A day in my life in Bewakoof.com Joggers and T-shirt