Guilt Free Dessert

So how many of you have sweet tooth? For starters, I did not have one. In fact I used to detest sweets. Before meeting my fiance, I loved only Rasgulla and Kheer Kadam. But I don't know what happened after my marriage, I started gorging on sweets like anything!


You must have known by now that I am a terrible cook. I cannot be called a cook even. I don't even know how to make a nice cup of tea. But the blogger in me evokes the strangest of desires in me. I ventured into pasta previously for the sake of blogging and now I am into desserts! For this one my wife taught me a super simple recipe which turned out to be ehm super delicious! My wife was so proud of me!

People may tend to avoid desserts because of various reasons...calorie conscious, weight losers, diabetic and other lifestyle disorder sufferers. My recipe is for all as I have substituted sugar with Sugar Free Natura. It contains sucralose and is a healthier alternative to sugar. The taste remains impeccably same but is much healthier.
I whipped up a super easy version of the age old Bread Pudding.

Ingredients:

bread, milk

Bread: 4-5 slices
Milk: 2 cups
Sugarfree: 1/2 cup (as required)
Custard Powder: 2 tablespoons
Apple slices, chopped cashews and raisins for garnishing.

Add the custard powder in 1/2 cup of milk and heat it. Keep on stirring continuously so that no clumps are formed. When the consistency becomes thick, add the rest of the milk and keep on stirring. Add 1/2 cup of Sugar Free Natura (or according to your taste) Continue doing that till you have a uniform consistency.

Bread pudding

Cut the bread slices into small pieces. Smaller the better. Dip them into milk and sqzeeze them.

pudding recipe
Chop the cashews and raisins too.


 Layer the bowl (where you want to serve) with custard.
 pudding yummy

 Put the milk soaked bread pieces over the custard layer. 

artificial sweetner

Pour a layer of custard over the bread layer.


Top it with sliced apples, cashews and raisins. Put into the refrigerator.
Serve chilled.


Your bread pudding is ready to eat!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effect of COVID 19 on edible oil industry and Palm oil

SCHIPHOL AIRPORT TO AMSTERDAM CITY

A day in my life in Bewakoof.com Joggers and T-shirt